Make time zones for in the game

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
EliteBatman
Lancer

Make time zones for in the game

Postby EliteBatman » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Make it so I can change the time to the time where I live. The way it is now is annoying because the city hall will say my upgrade will complete tommorrow at 00:23:30 or something like that. At first I assume I have to wait awhile but then I look at the ingame clock and it says it is 23:45:52. Where I live the date changes about 4:00 in the afternoon so I have to always look at the ingame clock. It would be easier if it said it would complete at 4:23 pm so I could just look at a regular clock. Also I would like to put it on 12 hour time instead of 24 because I am used to a 12 hour clock (I live in california).

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:30 am

The problem is that this is an internet based game, and is really geared around guilds. If you say to your guild, "Let's attack city X and have our troops all land around time Y" then it needs to be in server time. If you post local time then it is meaningless to anyone not in your time zone.

It is (slightly) annoying but, in my opinion, something that can be fairly easily figured out.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:39 pm

I agree with stark. No thanks. But they might be able to put in a function that would show you your current time in vt and in your current timezone. And US uses 24hr clocks too :P. All you have to do is take what ever time it is and if its after 1259 and before 0000. Subtract 12...

Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:44 pm

A successful guild is one that masters the time differences  you could go old school and make yourself a cardboad clock with 2 sets of times on it vt and local, set the hands to a specific vt time you need to remember and that will tell you the local time !
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:55 am

I just figured out the time difference and make a mental note of it. ie., "I'm 6 hours behind server time. So when I see 22:30 server time, it is 16:30 my time, or 4:30pm."

I admit this is slightly tedious, but I've yet to see any multiplayer internet based game "solve" it. It's just something that players understand and deal with.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”