Does anyone else feel like quark has just straight up abandoned us?

General topics and discussion on Valor.
LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:59 am

MidevilMonk wrote:Achilles, the thing that irritates me on this matter is not once did I see any mention of this being fixed/improved. As far as I know we get occasional updates, but for what?

We don't get specific updates, because of difficulties with previous announcements (double/triple estimations fell short). You have but to look in any of the older discussion threads where finding inbound attacks was discussed as a fix. With that particular fix, Quark rolled it out with little fanfare, because they wanted to see if it would work first.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:06 am

MidevilMonk wrote:Achilles, the thing that irritates me on this matter is not once did I see any mention of this being fixed/improved. As far as I know we get occasional updates, but for what?

This is irrelevant. I started playing Valor for strategy (which Champs has), but stayed because of the camaraderie (which Champs does not have). Also, because they started working on a new game, doesn't mean that they can no longer provide us updates. I guess that is what is at the heart of my issues. All we ever hear is that they are working on issues, but which ones and when do they expect to be done (double/triple estimations and surprise me when they are early)?

I realize the champs reference wasn't totally relevant. I merely mentioned it because that's one of the speculated reasons as to why Valor hasn't had any big updates since TBS. I have a feeling they are working on something huge and people will be very happy when it's complete. Maybe we just need to exercise patience, even if we have for well over a year and a half... Perfection dont happen overnight.
Guts and Glory Founder
Game name: Achil1es
Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

MidevilMonk
Knight

Postby MidevilMonk » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:46 am

LordFirefall wrote:We don't get specific updates, because of difficulties with previous announcements (double/triple estimations fell short). You have but to look in any of the older discussion threads where finding inbound attacks was discussed as a fix. With that particular fix, Quark rolled it out with little fanfare, because they wanted to see if it would work first.

At least at that time we knew they were looking at it. All they needed to do is state that they are making improvements here, not an ultimate fix. I understand that players with large amounts of cities will always suffer from not being able to see incoming instantaneous, but there should always be ways to work around it or improvements that can be made. If the amount of data/processing is to difficult to send it down and assign it to a city. A portal like page could always be created specifically for this purpose. Of course this would be something that would require a lot of development time, but knowing this was being worked on would be an improvement.

Also, there is the old caveat of stating improvements are pending changes to Quark staff/developmental goals and are not guaranteed to be delivered.

I would be a huge fan of them posting a poll on their Facebook page asking us which feature they should work on next. Then they could spend part of their time working on that with a weekly/monthly blog in which we could give feedback and things of that nature. That way they still interact with the community and we know that they are still here :)

MidevilMonk
Knight

Postby MidevilMonk » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:47 am

Benfrom300 wrote:Maybe we just need to exercise patience

You're telling me you have never sat there and watched the seconds count down on your attacks, just praying they get there before enemy support!?!? ;)

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:11 pm

MidevilMonk wrote:At least at that time we knew they were looking at it. All they needed to do is state that they are making improvements here, not an ultimate fix. I understand that players with large amounts of cities will always suffer from not being able to see incoming instantaneous, but there should always be ways to work around it or improvements that can be made. If the amount of data/processing is to difficult to send it down and assign it to a city. A portal like page could always be created specifically for this purpose. Of course this would be something that would require a lot of development time, but knowing this was being worked on would be an improvement.

Also, there is the old caveat of stating improvements are pending changes to Quark staff/developmental goals and are not guaranteed to be delivered.

I would be a huge fan of them posting a poll on their Facebook page asking us which feature they should work on next. Then they could spend part of their time working on that with a weekly/monthly blog in which we could give feedback and things of that nature. That way they still interact with the community and we know that they are still here :)

Quark has stated they are focused on multi-city management and stability (they've posted that in multiple threads). They've posted in various places that they are still working it. As Ben mentioned, its not going to happen quick.

MidevilMonk
Knight

Postby MidevilMonk » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:05 pm

LordFirefall wrote:Quark has stated they are focused on multi-city management and stability (they've posted that in multiple threads). They've posted in various places that they are still working it. As Ben mentioned, its not going to happen quick.

I apologize for my misunderstanding. The reason for my views are that the last thread I could find talking about multi-city management was started over a year ago (Multi-City Management) and a couple months ago you started one, stating they were going to be focusing on champs and not doing anything new or listening to Lions/GM (The Future of Value).

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:40 pm

You've read the threads, so you know I feel strongly about the issue. I can say I'm satisfied Quark is working the fixes. I can also say I don't think they've diverted people from Valor to Champs (or forgotten us). Unfortunately, I also understand why they're not giving us a set timeline (or even a fuzzy one), like they've done in the past.

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:52 am

LordFirefall wrote:Unfortunately, I also understand why they're not giving us a set timeline (or even a fuzzy one), like they've done in the past.

-.- leave them guessing eh :P
Guts and Glory Founder

Game name: Achil1es

Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

Br0wncoat
Knight

Postby Br0wncoat » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:40 am

That's what we like to feel. No timeline and continued, "we're working on it" and "it's coming".

Bbloksma
Knight

Postby Bbloksma » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:44 pm

When they changed the city navigation to what it is now they also said we would have filters for the list. That way we could easily find all the cities that: (for instance)
Have incoming attacks
Have scholars
Have max resourses
Etc.
My favourite would be the option to tag a city and have about 5 different tags that I can name myself. One of the tags would be "building" and in a 3-level forge world I would have a list called "forge changes". Quark cannot determine for me in which cities I still want to build build something, which is why it is important to have the option to (un)tag a city.
I have been waiting for them to release filter options for a long time now, I sure hope it will come soon.

Return to “General”