Attention quark and valorians

General topics and discussion on Valor.
runatme
Knight

Postby runatme » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:01 pm

The 150 spot winning condition can't be changed now or other worlds will expect the same ... And it's already bad enough with big alliances winning worlds we don't need to give them more spots ....

crimsontide76
Lancer

Postby crimsontide76 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:49 pm

w319 is an exception, as has been said many times. Quark already changed the rules after the world had started with no respawns. That changed the whole dynamic of the world - nobody can say otherwise. Quark could easily grant the extra 50 spots based on the screw up on their part and explain it is a one off for that sole reason only.
The world info screen still states 1 respawn allowed, it was advertised as a 1 respawn world. Seems quark can do what they want with no responsibility to make a real correction to their mistakes.

The problem here is quark say they cannot change rules after a world has started. In w319 they already did!!! So quark surprise us all and do the right thing.

Nightweilder
Lancer

Postby Nightweilder » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:59 pm

crimsontide76 wrote:w319 is an exception, as has been said many times. Quark already changed the rules after the world had started with no respawns. That changed the whole dynamic of the world - nobody can say otherwise. Quark could easily grant the extra 50 spots based on the screw up on their part and explain it is a one off for that sole reason only.
The world info screen still states 1 respawn allowed, it was advertised as a 1 respawn world. Seems quark can do what they want with no responsibility to make a real correction to their mistakes.

The problem here is quark say they cannot change rules after a world has started. In w319 they already did!!! So quark surprise us all and do the right thing.

It's not that they can't do it, it's that they won't change the world win setting because it's against company policy.

Ahotmess
Lancer

Postby Ahotmess » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:21 pm

What does company policy say about the fact their programers screwed up on this world and now they have several hundred unhappy customers right now... I never EVER give reviews in the iTunes Store BUT for Quark I will make an exception... And if wont be a good one... Review rates Valor at what 2.5-3 stars?? Somewhere in there... After 319 is done I plan to give my crappy review, delete Valor off of my phone and download the game my husband left Valor for which by the way has a nearly 5 star rating. And I plan to tell all my Valor buddies about how my husband says it has all the best features of Valor minus all the crappy ones. Not that Quark cares about how much I'm ready to leave this game just based on their W319 false advertisement and screw up and the fact they won't rectify the situation.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:58 am

Knowing victory conditions at the beginning of a world is extremely important as it allows guilds/alliances to figure out how many people they are able to recruit in order to win. This is why it is something we do not change when requested in a world.

Bugs do occur in valor (re spawn in this case) and we work to squash those. Because of that bug though it does not mean that an exception will be made in regards to another aspect of the world (victory conditions).

Thank you for all of the feedback and it was taken into consideration, but the original victory conditions will remain for world 319.

Ahotmess
Lancer

Postby Ahotmess » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Orlor thanks for making my decision to leave Quark that much simpler.

BazilTheGreat
Lancer

Postby BazilTheGreat » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:16 am

Totally agree Ahotmess this is now going to be my last world. Plenty more games to play so we will move on!!

runatme
Knight

Postby runatme » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:33 pm

Good decision quark ... I was in 319 I know how many guilds there were in that alliance .. The win condition is set so that doesn't Happen ...

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:20 am

Orlor wrote:Knowing victory conditions at the beginning of a world is extremely important as it allows guilds/alliances to figure out how many people they are able to recruit in order to win. This is why it is something we do not change when requested in a world.

Bugs do occur in valor (re spawn in this case) and we work to squash those. Because of that bug though it does not mean that an exception will be made in regards to another aspect of the world (victory conditions).

Thank you for all of the feedback and it was taken into consideration, but the original victory conditions will remain for world 319.

This time I totally agree Quark... Rules were there before and it's normal not to change it because how things happened...

But this show some real good idea that could be made for the future; adapt number of winning guild to world population?

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:43 am

As I understood it, these win conditions were originally designed to discourage large coalitions. In my opinion, large coalitions are one factor that is ruining the game. Quark did adapt win condition to the population by raising it from 1 to 3. Raising it further would only encourage large coalitions.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Return to “General”