Attention quark and valorians

General topics and discussion on Valor.
MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:09 am

LordFirefall wrote:As I understood it, these win conditions were originally designed to discourage large coalitions. In my opinion, large coalitions are one factor that is ruining the game. Quark did adapt win condition to the population by raising it from 1 to 3. Raising it further would only encourage large coalitions.

My idea isn't to raise the number of w(h)inning guilds :-D but to really adapt it... Let's say, as 3 guilds are set for w319 that was said to be full, we could say that 1 guild (50 persons) is set for 7k people joining a world, 2 guilds for 14k and 3 guilds for 21k...

As I purposed once too that the winning condition would be a percentage of total world's points coming from winning guilds compared to rest of the world, and not all players having to be <20k...

Adapting the game's rules to playing conditions is the key to me, not pre-purposing fixed ones...

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:01 am

I see what you're saying, but the problem I see with that would be players would still question things. For instance, if a world got within 100-200 of the threshold, players would still complain. Also, closing world logic is far from automatic right now. Further complicating that logic will take even more interaction with the help desk to get worlds closed.

W95 was a 30k, and I could go down to 3 guilds of 25 players right now and not have to get too choosy about who gets the win. With 50 member guilds, I could include all the remaining actives (red and purple included) in the world and still not run out of space.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Postby DirtySouthATL » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:37 pm

Um....... If they won't give Guardians their win in GW2, then what makes any of y'all think they are going to give you 50 spots in 319? We still have GW2 open for this very reason. Just to be a pain in the _____. Carry on though. lol
Valor is the eHarmony of the nerd world

DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Postby DirtySouthATL » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:41 pm

Oh and FYI, our GW has was won in two months AND we've kept it open since April 2013. Almost an entire year of refusing to close it.
Valor is the eHarmony of the nerd world

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:17 pm

DirtySouthATL wrote:Oh and FYI, our GW has was won in two months AND we've kept it open since April 2013. Almost an entire year of refusing to close it.

They need to come up with a special medal - most difficult ;)
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader

Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:24 am

DirtySouthATL wrote:Oh and FYI, our GW has was won in two months AND we've kept it open since April 2013. Almost an entire year of refusing to close it.

Sorry, but lol again, they have forget about you and all your world since long... Don't even think they are thinking about making something different, computer are only waiting for the right thing to appear in order to close the world. But to Quarks, you already are inexistant

Return to “General”