Pre-TBS Worlds

General topics and discussion on Valor.
MidevilMonk
Knight

Pre-TBS Worlds

Postby MidevilMonk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Was there a decision that was made on shutting down pre-TBS worlds? I have not seen/heard anything.

Thanks,
Monk

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:15 pm

We don't have any announcements regarding any changes to the old worlds.

So that means the old worlds will remain the same for now.

KingEvo
Guardian

Postby KingEvo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:10 pm

Shut those worlds down lol

BigZEUS
Knight

Postby BigZEUS » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:41 am

Lol king! I still play in 67 but if shutting em down improves the game then i think they should. Thats just me tho, others may not agree.

Tezza

Postby Tezza » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:18 am

Keep the early worlds. Only place honour and loyalty reside.

So I guess I can squash the rumour that worlds 1-22 will be closed during the shutdown

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:28 pm

If they shut down the old ones in order to create new 60k worlds i wouldnt be opposed.I agree that the old worlds are the only place where you can find honor and loyalty because only us old farts who played back then are in them. My opiniom may be biased however. I no longet have 1-22 (or any world before 100 actually)...ababdoned several for 1, and have switched accounts and devices several times these last few years as well.

That being said, honor and loyalty was almost a necessity in those old worlds. Look what happened to the dirtbag guilds. Even today like 5 years later their reputation precedes them. Now worlds fly by too quickly for anyone to give a ... about anything else but how fast they can win.

runatme
Knight

Postby runatme » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:25 pm

Couldn't disagree more honour and loyalty still exists in the new worlds .. And there were still snakes and back stabbers in the old words ..

Let the dinosaurs rot away in the old worlds telling each other how good they are with there 1000 cities because there to stubborn to move on long after the world is dead ..

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:55 am

No offense but it sounds like you never experienced the old worlds, therefore you cannot compare the two.

Diplomacy in the new worlds is pretty much useless. You cannot rely on any bonds you make with any guild unless youve known them for a long time and know their character. You might say thats a given, normal. Well, no. In the old giant worlds, if you vetted the people you allied with as best you could before you made the decision, that ally would usually be a solid ally, or at least wouldnt attack you and would share information. Good faith went a long way. Now adays its the exact opposite. You make an alliance and you never doubt for a second that you need to watch them like a hawk or they'll backstab you first chance they get. Its gotten to the point where people only make alliances with good friends or people like Lord Firefall, who have reputations that say they can be trusted.

The diplomacy feature is a ghost of what it used to be, and as a player who loved the politics and intrigue of the way it used to be much more than the actual game itself, thats a big hit. Valor felt alive, like a real world map with bickering nations. Now it feels like the Call of Duty of RTS

Karl302
Guardian

Postby Karl302 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:00 pm

The old world play was much better. I keep trying these new worlds but it is all about how fast you can win and move on to the next. I like a longer game so old style is better for me

runatme
Knight

Postby runatme » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:50 pm

I started in w35 so I have played plenty of the old worlds ..

Honour and loyalty is still there and yes you do rely on people you know and trust and that's the point ...people have worked hard from world to world building that reputation so they can be trusted ..

The only reason people stick to the old worlds is because the can't handle the activity required for the new ones and frankly most aren't good enough anymore they haven't adjusted to the game as it has progressed ..

Return to “General”