Ghosting Fix!

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Orlor

Ghosting Fix!

Postby Orlor » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:00 am

Valorians!

One of the priorities that we have been working on is a way to eliminate ghosting in Valor.

As it works now in all worlds reports aren't generated until either the attacking or defending player checks that particular city.

Players are then using this to find out when the people they are attacking aren't online (sleeping).

We are going to be releasing a change that makes it so even if the cities aren't refreshed the reports will still generate for both players.

There will be periodical checks that will cause reports to be generated even if the cities aren't refreshed.

This change will only be for world 471 (1k population) at first.

The end goal is to eventually bring this to all worlds and reduce the amount of time in between the checks.

I will be updating this post whenever any changes are made to this.

Update 9/17: Worlds 462-473 now have the ghosting fix. Also all new worlds 474 and above will have this active.

Update 9/30: All worlds 122+ now have the ghosting fix active.

Disclaimer: If issues arise due to this change it is something that we will temporarily disable until that can be resolved. If that does happen it will be noted on this forum post.

Sreusch
Lancer

Postby Sreusch » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Nice work! Now on to barb flipping

Angusandnico

Postby Angusandnico » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:59 pm

Totally agree sreusch. Barb expoilts r the one I'm really looking forward to seeing the end of.

Pipe
Lancer

Postby Pipe » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:38 pm

I'd like to see nerd farms gone, one day you see a person with 3 cities, next day 50+ cities...
This happens when your alt account buys scholarships and nerds at lower expense, say build 10 scholars in 1 city, cap a city from your main, (so you now have 2 in alt so is not reset) and your main caps the city where now 9 scholars and troops would be out, therefore you get 9 free scholars...
Repeat this process and its 9-10 free scholars every other day or so.
Yes your scholar count goes negative, but it is much faster to accumulate scholars and end world than to buy 50+ scholarships for your next 1 nerd.
I guess one easy fix would be to not get troops out out, or simply nerds out to be deleted once city is capped.

Angusandnico

Postby Angusandnico » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:47 am

Another one very worthy of attention

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:43 am

Pipe wrote:I'd like to see nerd farms gone, one day you see a person with 3 cities, next day 50+ cities...
This happens when your alt account buys scholarships and nerds at lower expense, say build 10 scholars in 1 city, cap a city from your main, (so you now have 2 in alt so is not reset) and your main caps the city where now 9 scholars and troops would be out, therefore you get 9 free scholars...
Repeat this process and its 9-10 free scholars every other day or so.
Yes your scholar count goes negative, but it is much faster to accumulate scholars and end world than to buy 50+ scholarships for your next 1 nerd.
I guess one easy fix would be to not get troops out out, or simply nerds out to be deleted once city is capped.

I think guildmasters have already had huge discussions about this and multiples clever solutions have been found; now it's on Quark's side...

Kingaddis
Knight

Postby Kingaddis » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:45 am

Nerd farms is no different to players that have deep pockets! It makes the playing ground more even.
Same goes with multiple accounts, it's no different to just another active player.
I can live with all these bugs, but what is more annoying which I believe all of you agree with, is the serious lag you get have a certain amount of cities.
Fix that lag quark,

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Kingaddis wrote:Nerd farms is no different to players that have deep pockets! It makes the playing ground more even.
Same goes with multiple accounts, it's no different to just another active player.
I can live with all these bugs, but what is more annoying which I believe all of you agree with, is the serious lag you get have a certain amount of cities.
Fix that lag quark,

First of all, negative scholars (as it is CORRECTLY used) are against the rules, because they give certain players an advantage. While it makes no difference to those players who find that they need to waste (yes, when you're spending that much money on a game, it is WASTING) hundreds of dollars on each world (I use coin once in a while, but only get like 100 coins at a time, which is the smallest amount you can get), it makes a huge difference to the number of players that aren't cheating, spying scumbags and actually want to play this game with honor as was originally intended. So no, this does not make the playing field more even, it puts those true Valorians even farther down in the hole they are already in because of big coiners and dishonest players.
Second, in no way are alt accounts AT ALL like negative scholars... Negative scholars are an exploit, which is against the rules. Having an alternate account is fine as long as you're not using it to break rules. It gives people both advantages and disadvantages over other players, whereas negative scholars really only gives an advantage unless Quark finds out, whereas they should instantly ban your account.
Third, the lag you experience is most likely because of the device you're using, or because you have bad connection. The people I know in real life who play this game use a wide variety of devices, and the only ones that notice lag when getting high cities are those ones who have older model phones/tablets. So no, the people who agree with you purely need to upgrade your devices or get better connection for the game.

Pimmie
Lancer

Postby Pimmie » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:49 pm

Lol addis. Funny you. Nerd farming just ruins the game. Try to win a world for a change without that and without allying 90% of the world for a change. Lol. Kinda boring imo.

Ahotmess
Lancer

Postby Ahotmess » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:51 am

Kingaddis wrote:Nerd farms is no different to players that have deep pockets! It makes the playing ground more even.
Fix that lag quark,

Seriously??? The only reason you can live with this bug is because you are one of the biggest users of nerd farms. LMAO

Return to “General”