RATE MY CITY> How am I doing?

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
Msavard
Lancer

Postby Msavard » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:37 am

RATE MY CITY > How am I doing?
Alright this is my first time playing this game and I'm about to be coming out of protection. I am curious about how I am doing, what I should be doing differently... etc. I'd REALLY appreciate any feedback on all aspects of my game from my strategy to my composition of my city/armies. Thanks in advance!!

TIME LEFT UNTIL BEGINNER PROTECTION LIFTS: 7 HOURS

WHERE I'M AT NOW:

GUILD: Lead a decent sized guild (6 guys) that are all doing okay (2000+) and active (for this stage of the game). We've formed an alliance with a a full-size (25 man) guild nearby and communication has been good. There are no MAJOR neighboring guilds that are huge/threatening just yet.

TROOPS: Have pretty much stopped building Lancers and am now focused on Knights for attacking/farming and likely a few more scouts for recon. Possibly a couple more Sentry to leave at the city in case of attack. My plan is to farm with the knights/Scouts and leave the Lancers/Sentry/Berserker at the city to defend. Thoughts?

LANCER: 120
SENTRY: 38
BERSERKER: 26
SCOUT: 13
KNIGHT: 78
OTHERS: 0 thus far

CITY: Thus far I've been focusing on building up my 3 main resources and then building up everything else as-needed around it. Im going to be working toward a Workshop today so I can get some Rams / Ballistas together for going on the offensive. How many of these are good amounts?

CITY HALL: 14
LUMBERMILL: 19
QUARRY: 18
IRONMINE: 13
BARRACKS: 6
STABLE: 5
WAREHOUSE: 12
FARM: 9
FORGE: 8
MARKET: 1
WALL: 7

STRATEGY GOING FORWARD:

FARMING: Today I was hoping to get to 100 Knights and 20 Scouts, then send them out in groups of 50/2 for raiding missions, two at a time.

BUILDINGS: I was hoping to get lumbermill/quarry to 20, then the Ironmine to 15. Likely going to bump City hall to at least 15 if not 16 or 17 next, however just to speed the building process. I also will be working toward getting that forge to 10 and barracks to 10 to get a workshop in place. Thoughts?

GOING ON THE OFFENSIVE: This evening I will likely not be able to resist the urge to start attacking some of the relatively inactive players around me. Am I better off farming them, or Barbarians (I know this has been addressed on the forum before but there was never really a clear answer.

GUILD: Maintain alliances. Keep eye out for local active/strong players and extend offer to join.

THAT'S IT!
Please let me know how I'm doing overall.... what you'd suggest doing differently, etc. Let me know if you have any questions as well. Thanks!

Vasasalo
Guardian

RE: RATE MY CITY> How am I doing?

Postby Vasasalo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:56 am

LANCER: Good for D against calvary; so-so A
SENTRY: Good for D against Berserker; horrible A
BERSERKER: Good A; horrible D
SCOUT: Only for spying/killing enemy spies. will not attack other enemy troops
KNIGHT: good A; horrible D
GUARDIAN: All around best at both A and D
RAM: Only A enemy walls
BALLISTA: You can select which building you want to A

Max out your warehouse as soon as you can.
Then your city hall/resources.
Then farms/walls alternating.
Then others as needed.
Market next to last
Workshop last.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:57 am

Attack barbs close by. If you attack multiple barbs annd give each a chance to replinish they will grow with you so you can take them when they get around 10k

Msavard
Lancer

Postby Msavard » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:48 pm

They've not been growing much....definitely noway near my rate. Guessing it's because I'm harvesting the same 8-10 cities once every hour or two with 4 teams of armies (2 batches of 50 kings... 2 batches of 50 Lancer 20 Berzerker).

Good feedback, thanks!

Return to “Questions”