Troops outside ur city wall

Discuss or develop strategies here!
Masterita
Lancer

Troops outside ur city wall

Postby Masterita » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:12 am

How does one send troops to guard outside the city wall?

Lordpimp1
Knight

Postby Lordpimp1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:52 pm

You can't?

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:24 pm

That is what support is. When you support your city from a different city the supporting troops are considered outside the city wall. It is just a way to tell apart the city troops and the support troops.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Has it ever been suggested to add a engineer to the game to construct defences (i.e.: pitfalls, barriers, etc) to either slow down the attacking troops or to give a smaller defensive % to the supporting troops? They could walk at the same time as scouts since they are not attack or defense troops or they could walk at the same time as the merchants. The one supporting would have to send the resources to do the minor buffs and when support is selected you can have a small build que to get like a wood wall or something up to level 5 or something similar. To counter them you could have a sabotuer to counter any traps.

Vasasalo
Guardian

Postby Vasasalo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:38 pm

i know people have suggested advance troops to attack income armies and rogues etc. but these could only setup or tear down defenses not attack troops.

Masterita
Lancer

Postby Masterita » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:05 pm

So only a supporting city (my own or guild) can post troops outside my walls. Because I can't send troops to my own rally point. Is that correct?

larlis
Guardian

support troops not inside the wall?

Postby larlis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:55 am

Well if all support troops stays outside the wall then by reason troops you send from another of your own city would stay outside the wall as well.

So this is correct? supporting troops don't get the defense % of a high level wall? I have played for a long time in many guilds but never heard anyone mention this... Is this something new or has it always been like this?

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:57 am

I didn't clarify it as well as I could of. It is only a way to tell whose troops are whose. Supporting troops do get the bonus of the wall, they are protecting that city.

Return to “Strategy”