How do u cancel a merchant resource transport

Before posting a question, use the forum search.
Valorgamer
Guardian

Postby Valorgamer » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:15 am

Well said stark I actually agree with u 100% even if I was literally lmao all the way thru u may have introduced playmesh's next game, Trade Wars. Pmsl

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:01 am

Stark Bledfast wrote:If you deal directly then, in my opinion, you should be open to being double crossed.

I stand corrected.
I would concede that this is a very good point (along with the entirety of the rest of the post).
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Asplundh
Knight

Postby Asplundh » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:16 pm

I've sent resources (usually no more than a few thousand) to a barb or non-aligned city. I just mount up what I need to go get them back as soon as I'm notified they've been delivered. Do this a few times, tie up mounted units for a while, and you very quickly learn not to kick the destination coordinate numbers!

Kaleel
Knight

Of all the changes to the merchants, how about transit time?

Postby Kaleel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Of all the changes that we could implement in a merchant direct resource send, why not display the transit time up front before you click the approve/cancel button? It irks me that I am being asked to commit/cancel a direct send when I don't know how long it will take. And there's no real way for me to judge the time, either. How fast does a merchant travel? Slower than a scout, but faster than a knight? The same speed as a guardian?

It can't be that hard to modify the "Sending Details" page to reflect an estimated march time:

..... <BACK] .............................. SENDING DETAILS .......................... {current date/time} ..... [?]

Sending resources

TARGET: ...........................................{City Name} {City Coordinates and Region} ................. [>]

SENDING: ..................................... [Lumber icon] {xxx} ..... [Clay icon] {xxx} ..... [Iron icon] {xxx}

ESTIMATED TRAVEL TIME: ......................................... {XX HRS XX MIN XX SEC}

ESTIMATED ARRIVAL TIME: ........................................ {XX:XX:XX VT}

ESTIMATED RETURN TIME: ......................................... {XX:XX:XX VT}
-Kaleel, casual gamer
==========================
The forum search function is your friend.
Please use it before posting.
It won't let you down.

L Dubya 3
Lancer

Postby L Dubya 3 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:55 pm

How do I make a merchant? It says I have 0/1. I had no upgrades in progress and it still showed no merchants. Currently my market is lvl 1.

Kaleel
Knight

Postby Kaleel » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:33 pm

@L Dubya 3: Merchants are created as you upgrade your Market. Perhaps you cannot see your merchant because you have used him in an offer that you created. The number of offers and amount of resources that you can trade/send at any given time are determined by how many merchants you have available. And once you've made a trade offer, even if it hasn't been accepted, the merchant is allocated for that offer. To free him up, you have to delete your unaccepted trade offer.

EXAMPLE: Assuming that a Lvl 10 Market gives me 10x merchants.

If I create a trade offer of giving 1,000x clay in order to receive 1,000x lumber, and I create 3x instances of that to put out in the open market, then I've just used up 3x of my merchants. Even if my trade offer hasn't been accepted -- the fact that it exists is what is using up my merchants. So my amount of free merchants at this time will be 7/10. I can use those 7 to create 7x more trade offers (or 1x trade offer that gives 7,000x clay for 7,000x iron).

Also note that every merchant can only carry up to 1,000x units of a given resource, so if you create an trade offer that gives 5,000x clay in exchange for 10,000x iron, then you will have to allocate 10x merchants. This means that when someone accepts that trade offer, you'll be sending 10x merchants w/ 5,000x clay to the acceptor, and you'll receive 10,000x iron in return (which your 10x merchants will carry back).

Hope this helps,
-Kaleel
-Kaleel, casual gamer
==========================
The forum search function is your friend.
Please use it before posting.
It won't let you down.

L Dubya 3
Lancer

Postby L Dubya 3 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:46 am

Thank you very much. That was it.

Return to “Questions”