Troop build times/upgrading recruitment buildings

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Michael2
Lancer

Troop build times/upgrading recruitment buildings

Postby Michael2 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:55 am

I suggest that when a troop recruitment building gets upgraded the troops that were already in the queue have there build time reduced.

I find it annoying to have to take troops out of the queue and then put them back in to have the reduced build time when that building is upgraded

Kaleel
Knight

What about the building time of structures? Do we have to manually delete/add them?

Postby Kaleel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Yes, I agree! I thought that the troop recruitment time of troops currently in the queue would auto-update accordingly based on the facility level, but that was not the case. Wasted 12+ hours because I just let the recruitment of 12,000x units go on and on... I didn't realize until this morning when I put in a another batch of troops and saw the time difference.

I wonder if this also happens when you upgrade structures? See the example below (all numbers are fake):

My queue shows:
  1. City Hall Lvl 12 = 3:00 HRS
  2. City Hall Lvl 13 = 4:12 HRS
  3. City Hall Lvl 14 = 5:00 HRS
  4. Farm Lvl 6 = 1:00 HRS
  5. Farm Lvl 7 = 1:30 HRS.
Assuming that building times of #4 and #5 based on the existing City Hall lvl of 11, when the City Hall is upgraded to Lvl 14, does the building time for the Farms drop to:

• Farm Lvl 6 = 0:45 HRS
  • Farml Lvl 7 = 1:00 HRS
...or does it stay constant at the pre-upgraded-City Hall level? And if I want to have the building go faster, I have to cancel construction and then put it back in the queue?

-Kaleel
-Kaleel, casual gamer
==========================
The forum search function is your friend.
Please use it before posting.
It won't let you down.

Michael2
Lancer

Postby Michael2 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Kaleel,
look at the farm upgrade time in the city hall, then put a city hall upgrade in the queue and you will see that the farm upgrade time will have decreased. (with each city hall upgrade, build times will decrease by around 5%)

Kaleel
Knight

Postby Kaleel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:27 pm

@Michael2: Please re-read my question. I know that the structure building times decrease as City Hall levels increase. My question is whether or not the decrease in time automatically applies to structures whose building schedules are already in the queue.

If it does, then great -- this means that the duration of construction for buildings ALREADY LOADED IN THE QUEUE are positively affected and the duration is lowered accordingly based on the new City Hall level.

If not, then that means that I have have to remove the scheduled construction from the queue and re-add it so that it can be recalculated at the newer/faster duration as dicated by the new City Hall level.
-Kaleel, casual gamer
It won't let you down.

Michael2
Lancer

Postby Michael2 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:29 pm

yes it does

Cbeck58
Lancer

Postby Cbeck58 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Should do Michael :)
Connor

Kaleel
Knight

Postby Kaleel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Great! So the question is, if they could do it for construction in City Hall, why wasn't that functionality extended to the queue for troop recruitment?
-Kaleel, casual gamer
It won't let you down.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”