New Interface

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
Bailey98
Knight

Postby Bailey98 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:39 pm

Im not too sure if i like the new update but the best thing ive seen on it is the search city. I would like it if i could search for a city in the portal but have the switch city button. It just kinda makes it feel like auroras blessing, my opinion('shudders'). I don't like the side bar. It is confusing

T rocks
Lancer

Postby T rocks » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:51 pm

The slide bar is useless. Its the same as the portal. Please bring back the toggle arrows as I can not play this. Also it would be nice to see farm count totals again.

Eagle00
Lancer

Postby Eagle00 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Is there a way to go back? The city scroll arrows are key to my gameplay. I scroll with my left thumb to see a quick view of every city status. Construction or troop-building. Now I have to click to see slide bar. Find city. Move hand. Click again. I making many errors where before I scrolled. Further I lost track of how many people I had used out of a total. I need the total back as well.

The elimination of scroll costs me great playing efficiency and I am considering dropping the game because of it. I suspect you're going to find this is pretty serious, guys.

Adding this. I can't find my scholars. I used to view troops and the quickly scroll through to find cities with scholars. No I need to move both hands,slide up and down and it's costing me 5-10 x the time to just find the scholars.

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:17 pm

@pwnlaw it would be nice if you guys had a UI meeting as soon as possible. If we all have to quit our jobs to devote more time to scrolling through cities then we won't have money for gold.

Nineniner
Lancer

Agree!

Postby Nineniner » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:24 pm

I agree. Next buttons and troop count need to be returned to the way they are

Hawk45
Knight

Postby Hawk45 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Agree, please bring the next arrow back!!!!!! An I like the idea of highlighting the city your in, if we must keep the side bar. It takes way to long to go thru 343 cities, I feel sorry for anyone with more cities then me. I'll take the old interface and all the error back please.

Hawk45
Knight

Postby Hawk45 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:57 pm

I do like the forums thou, I'm very glad valor is trying to make things easier, but like all things it take thousands of mistake to get one great idea.

Zatun
Lancer

Postby Zatun » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:13 pm

I agree about bringing back city scroll arrows, much easier and quicker. The sidebar is kinda useless. The top bar with black print on brown background is hard to see, pls use white print. City name and coor. very small and hard to read. Why does the gold amount on top takes so much room? Also trying to use map makes game crash a lot

LordGandalf
Lancer

Postby LordGandalf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 pm

I have to agree with all of the comments above! *I have more than 500 cities and was hoping the latest update would help me manage my cities more efficiently! *Now it's the opposite - I spend more time flipping between cities, where is the fun in that! *And is it me or the Resources line is way to small - guess I'm *getting older - I need magnifying glasses! *LOL. * Love the new left sidebar but is it useful - not as much as the Previous & Next buttons! *Keep up the good work guys and please don't stop! **
Cheers!

RyanK
Lancer

Postby RyanK » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Suggestion about the quest notification at the bottom: Can you make this green instead of red? Use red for attacks only. Like I mentioned before, if you highlighted the current city in the sidebar, it would be helpful. I also agree, the gold box takes too much real estate. Would rather see city name better than how much gold I have. Thanks for listening to all our suggestions.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”