Stop teasing us

General topics and discussion on Valor.
mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:39 am

DirtySouthATL wrote:so i can farm you now?

If you want to start a war...

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:44 am

mclueppers2 wrote:Even Valor has a SLA atm but it's not protecting the players in any way - they're granted the right to discontinue the game at any time, to take off the servers for unreasonable amount of time and similar stuff. Actually the only right we have when playing this game is to buy gold and shut our mouths up if they mess the game again.

Ok, I'll split hairs. What iOS game out there has an SLA that you deem acceptable?
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:55 am

LordFirefall wrote:Ok, I'll split hairs. What iOS game out there has an SLA that you deem acceptable?

Do we really need to discuss this now? I'll drop few lines only:

1) Maintenance notifications in advance (2-3 days will fit)
2) Resilient infrastructure - if primary goes down then the backup to take over while the IT stuff fixes the issue
3) When having unplanned downtime to receive more information than "we're still working on the issue. No ETA available"
4) Adequate support - instead of using macro-messages to pay a little bit more attention on the request. I'm ok with macros but only if the recipients are actually complaining about the same issue.
5) ...

This just out of my brain. The list can grow still I think it's for best for all of you, not only my personal benefit. If you don't agree then you'd better stay with the dark force.

BikerMike
Lancer

Postby BikerMike » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:05 am

McLueppers2,
Do you work for another game compamy? Are you one of the people posing as Orlor on Kakao and spreading false hope and promisses? I ask this because you joined the day the servers went down and out of your 36 posts of rhetoric and angry words nothing has been in the slightest bit constructive. Now you tell us that the app is deleted from your devicesw and then in the same statement say that you are going to transfer your cities to your guild. I am curious how you will achieve this without having the application installed to move troops and such. I am also curious as to why you continue to post and reply to things that are all for an app you dont have or use according to your own words.
Kakao = BikerMike
RL = BikerMike
Any Questions?

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:16 am

BikerMike wrote:McLueppers2,
Do you work for another game compamy? Are you one of the people posing as Orlor on Kakao and spreading false hope and promisses? I ask this because you joined the day the servers went down and out of your 36 posts of rhetoric and angry words nothing has been in the slightest bit constructive. Now you tell us that the app is deleted from your devicesw and then in the same statement say that you are going to transfer your cities to your guild. I am curious how you will achieve this without having the application installed to move troops and such. I am also curious as to why you continue to post and reply to things that are all for an app you dont have or use according to your own words.

This time I'll give you an advise for free, the next one has to be billed. Even if the game is deleted from my devices I still have an account with Valor on their server that is connected with email address, right? Now if for some reason I (or somebody else) install the game on a new device I can transfer my account on it only by pointing it to the same email address. I'll receive a confirmation email and that's it - transfer done. What my guildmates need to do is to use the email that I used to register with and I'll do the confirmation for them. I hope you got it?!
Now to your second point - Freedom of speech is granted by the supreme law (Constitution) in most democratic countries. I hope you're not trying to restrict that right in any way!

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 am

mclueppers2 wrote:Do we really need to discuss this now? I'll drop few lines only:

1) Maintenance notifications in advance (2-3 days will fit)
2) Resilient infrastructure - if primary goes down then the backup to take over while the IT stuff fixes the issue
3) When having unplanned downtime to receive more information than "we're still working on the issue. No ETA available"
4) Adequate support - instead of using macro-messages to pay a little bit more attention on the request. I'm ok with macros but only if the recipients are actually complaining about the same issue.
5) ...

This just out of my brain. The list can grow still I think it's for best for all of you, not only my personal benefit. If you don't agree then you'd better stay with the dark force.

I didn't ask for a list. I'm familiar with what a typical SLA contains. So I'll ask again - what iOS game has an SLA that passes the mcluepper test?

As far as the autoresponder from support, Orlor explained it already. It's actually pretty common practice in the CRM arena. It tells the requestor "We got your ticket. We have XX going on right now. You can expect a response by XX". Is not like the support folks can look at game data or fix/adjust anything right now anyway.

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:28 am

LordFirefall wrote:I didn't ask for a list. I'm familiar with what a typical SLA contains. So I'll ask again - what iOS game has an SLA that passes the mcluepper test?

As far as the autoresponder from support, Orlor explained it already. It's actually pretty common practice in the CRM arena. It tells the requestor "We got your ticket. We have XX going on right now. You can expect a response by XX". Is not like the support folks can look at game data or fix/adjust anything right now anyway.

Nothing can pass my SLA requirements. I'm too bit** to be happy at 100 per cent.

Thanks for giving me an idea what exactly the support intended to do. But my requests had nothing to do with the game at all and as such I don't want to wait for the servers to come back up until the matter is resolved. And guess what - I got straight a response once I complained in the forums, so I don't really care if you like it or not. After all it was my own problem and it got resolved now. But now if I might ask, why do you continue to protect Quark and offend me? I suppose they bribe you with in-game extras and so...

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:39 am

mclueppers2 wrote:Nothing can pass my SLA requirements. I'm too bit** to be happy at 100 per cent.

Thanks for giving me an idea what exactly the support intended to do. But my requests had nothing to do with the game at all and as such I don't want to wait for the servers to come back up until the matter is resolved. And guess what - I got straight a response once I complained in the forums, so I don't really care if you like it or not. After all it was my own problem and it got resolved now. But now if I might ask, why do you continue to protect Quark and offend me? I suppose they bribe you with in-game extras and so...

While I don't work for Quark, I've been in positions for 25+ years, where I've had to deal with people making demands, that if they were on the other side of the equation, would seem quite unreasonable. Also, as others have pointed out, you've done nothing but whine in most of your posts.

And no, Lions and GuildMasters do not receive "in-game extras". We do a lot of this because we love the game and want to support the overall community.

mclueppers2
Knight

Postby mclueppers2 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 am

LordFirefall wrote:While I don't work for Quark, I've been in positions for 25+ years, where I've had to deal with people making demands, that if they were on the other side of the equation, would seem quite unreasonable. Also, as others have pointed out, you've done nothing but whine in most of your posts.

And no, Lions and GuildMasters do not receive "in-game extras". We do a lot of this because we love the game and want to support the overall community.

Great to know. I spent the last 11+ years being support for major hardware and software vendors so guess what? I was on the opposite side and every time I got a problematic customer I tried to understand his needs at first place. Quark didn't try at all to come back to me and address any issue. They still keep silence. Soon Orlor will be back in the office and he'll present us with the next paraphrased "we're still working, no ETA" message.

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:59 am

You forget that quark isnt a huge developer. They aint bungie. Theyre tasking everyone on the problem because they dont have the luxory of a large support team. Only 2 people respond to support emails remember

Return to “General”