Please redo recruitment asap

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Astril
Lancer

Postby Astril » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:55 pm

It's all been said above
The graphics are great but I will probably spend a few minutes looking at them
I spend dozens of hours building troops and that's just been increased significantly
I want to play not spend hours doing repetitive actions

Nutterboy
Knight

Postby Nutterboy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:53 am

I really want to see a rollback or disable for the graphical recruitment, a page or so back a guy with way too much time on his hands crunched the numbers and found it takes 8x as long to recruit with the new system.

On kakao I talk to around 20-30 people from Valor on a regular basis and not one single person likes this new recruitment style,

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:15 am

I think a possibility would be a setting (like graphical city) where you could toggle it on and off.

tskk
Lancer

Postby tskk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:26 am

Or simply dont update and downgrade instead... Why wait for playmesh for weeks when you can solve it in a few minutes.
Plus, there hasnt been anything major or positive to update valor in awhile anyways.

Manaeus
Knight

Postby Manaeus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:44 pm

This may be the straw that breaks my back. I can't stand playing anymore.

Merrell
Lancer

Postby Merrell » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:44 pm

I agree that either a rollback to previous recruitment screens or an option to turn off graphics and revert to the old recruitment screens needs to occur. I am spending too much time recruiting. Not fun. Valor has become more tedious. Please listen to your players and make a change ASAP. Thank you.

Bunkerkingdave
Lancer

Postby Bunkerkingdave » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Please rollback the recruitment to the old style. The old way is the best way!!!!

Luap33
Lancer

Do you get feedback from users before redesigning GUI?

Postby Luap33 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:09 pm

The Recruitment area is a good example - pretty, but loss of critical functionality. I haven't had time to read all the threads, but clearly the new view should be optional for your new and less sophisticated users. Like too many of your new features, you have crippled ease of use functionality for power/experienced users. Just my option, others might vary...

Biwin
Knight

Postby Biwin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:28 pm

!support

Please give us back the old method. I'm not sure if you ran this through the new beta testers but a general rule of thumb for improvements should be:

Don't make anything take longer than it used to.

You have already acknowledged the game becomes difficult to manage at a large number of cities, so why do you continue to attempt adding features that exacerbate this problem?

Therkyn
Lancer

Postby Therkyn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Please allow us to toggle this off.

Much like the graphical city, it is useless. But more so in this case, it is basically impossible to use for people who have played more than 1 day.

For beginners, this is fantastic... for your first city in your first world. Providing 8 pages to tell me what I already know from experience about the relative strengths of units just slows the game even more. I would prefer if you gave me the option to have all of my troops on a single page instead of the 3 we use now. (And mass recruitment is not helpful because again I do not know how many troops I currently have, nor how many I can buy at that location...).

BTW, I have finally figured out 1 use for the graphical city, and that's count down to warehouse full, otherwise, its just a waste. At least I can turn that off.

So, Pwnlaw, I agree, at least give me an option to turn it off. I finally upgraded to ValorHD because you wouldnt let me switch worlds without bugging me to upgrade. On a 3GS my eyes dont like me any better, and the file is 2x the size. Yay. At least I havent upgraded my old Valor file so I'll go back to using that with the annoying upgrade notice.

-t

WHY DO WE NEED GRAPHICS OTHER THAN THE MAP? STOP MAKING IT PRETTY, PRETTY SLOWS IT DOWN.

Return to “General”