Valor is currently down due to Amazon Web Services Issue

Previous announcements and other threads rest here
MemphisRedneck
Lancer

Postby MemphisRedneck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Filthysnotrag wrote:My daughter, any time we drive ANYWHERE, asks "how much longer? How many more minutes?" I usually tell her. "Every single one of them."

Ya well I've been patient for the past 9-10 hours wondering so I had to ask. Now that I got an answer is all I wanted . Thanks pwnlaw I know it's crazy there but thanks for taking the time and answering,

Kegg
Lancer

Postby Kegg » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:15 pm

PwnLaw wrote:I'll be honest: this has been a pretty miserable day for me, but this thread has really made me feel a lot better. Sparkles, Orlor and I had been planning the shenanigans for W100 for a long time and to have this happen was pretty devastating. This thread has given me a lot of laughs and reminded me how much I like the Valorian community and how dedicated everyone is to this game (way of life?!).

Our engineers are working around the clock tonight to see if we can come up an alternative in the near future in case Amazon continues to experience problems. It's safe to say we're going to be redoubling our analysis on the redundancy issue (which was already in progress after the thunderstorm that knocked out Amazon last time).

I understand people are upset. I'm a hardcore player of Valor and I spent an enormous amount of time preparing my W100 strategy. I'm not alone -- everyone at PlayMesh is upset. We make this game because we're gamers, and we wanted to have something that other hardcore gamers would enjoy. And we ended up with you. You guys and gals may be a royal pain in the ass, but we love you. Mostly because we are you.

I'm going to eat this bag of pita chips now.

+1,000,000 :)

DjMcBrien
Knight

Postby DjMcBrien » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Puden wrote:I just wonder, How come i can enter Valor and can't do anything? Is it really the server or it is just **** everybody off?

Well it would get rid of the whiny crying players who feel like swearing...

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 pm

PwnLaw wrote:I don't want to commit my engineers to something, but we think we can cobble together an alternative in the next 24 hours if nothing happens on the Amazon side. If we need to resort to hijacking the Google servers a few miles away, then I've already got my pirate outfit for Haloween available for the task.

Our team is small, but our dedication fierce.

I was going to be little red riding hood but i suppose i could slap together some pirate attire.. That's excellent to hear though, at least now i know it wont be any minute but also wont be this weekend. That's enough to put my mind at ease over a video game i am wayyy too involved in.

Dameann27474
Lancer

Postby Dameann27474 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:21 pm

At least it,s nothing I've done glad to see these posts thought it was just my city!!!!!!!!!!

cjclags
Knight

Postby cjclags » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:21 pm

DjMcBrien wrote:Cj it's been about 10 hours now so there goes your 5 theory ;)

..i had a theory? Ill be damned..

DjMcBrien
Knight

Postby DjMcBrien » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Arrrrr let's make amazon walk the plank

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:23 pm

cjclags wrote:I was going to be little red riding hood but i suppose i could slap together some pirate attire.. That's excellent to hear though, at least now i know it wont be any minute but also wont be this weekend. That's enough to put my mind at ease over a video game i am wayyy too involved in.

We designed this game to be a way of life. You can't tell people they can lose everything from a moment's carelessness and expect them to be ok with things going wrong. It's a double-edged sword, but it's exactly the way I like it. I hate games that don't trust the users enough to make hard decisions and encounter loss. When we were lookingat revamp, we talked about the possibility of creating more content farm aspects and I literally got sick to my stomach. Then we decided we were just going to double down on what makes Valor what it is: heart-rending savagery and competitiveness.

The revamp is going to wreck your souls (assuming servers still exist in the future).

DjMcBrien
Knight

Postby DjMcBrien » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:23 pm

cjclags wrote:..i had a theory? Ill be damned..

I hope so
Spam characters

Brikel
Knight

Postby Brikel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:24 pm

cjclags wrote:Haha PwnLaw that was an epic post. After wasting most of the day ill ask the question that's on everybodys mind: what is the worst case scenario eta that u guys have been discussing? Something like between 5 and 25 hours would be better than not knowing at all

I don't work with PlayMesh nor do I know their agreement with Amazon, but, I work in IT and our systems at work are hosted. I can tell you that in outages, the hosting company has priorities in which they bring their customers back online. A provider as large as Amazon will have many loadbalancers to handle all of their customers. They will get the largest of their customers back first and going on working loadbalancers with the lower priority companies last. No offense to PlayMesh and all of us playing, but, this is a game. I am sure Amazon is being hit with the larger businesses and penalties which will be enforced by those companies because of real world impacting issues.

Return to “Event Archive”