Guild master

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Huntyoudown

Postby Huntyoudown » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:37 pm

DarkRahl wrote:Kwreak, I'd like to know how you came to the conclusion UTD "talk a big game, just haven't proven it"?
We have been winning worlds since w31 under our banner and several others. The ONLY times we have lost is once, where we were betrayed by a current GM. Funny that...

I know your name but cannot place the world. Plz enlighten me as to which world you went up against us on.

And if you feel our victories still haven't proven we live up to the hype of UTD, then I'll extend a challenge. Pick a world, and we can once again go up against one another. :)

And at no stage did I ask my players to post here. They have eyes, and minds of their own.

Lordfirefall, I agree with what you say in part. But I happen to know for a fact that some players have been veto'd based on false opinions of other GM. Ppl talk my friend. Even ones with badges. We must trust that honourable GM and the lions will push others tht have voting rights to vote in a non bias way and do their best to work with a flawed system. I believe that is what this thread basically turned into. I know many lions and GM and I can say many of them are deserving of their titles.

I never said you guys didn't win...

Your use of back stabbing and spies helped you to get a win..

Serialkillers
Lancer

Postby Serialkillers » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:15 pm

I am a current GM and wish to let everyone know exactly how the GM process was done. our current group of GM's HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PICKING THE NOMINEES. That was all Quark. Of the 1700 nominees Quark presented us with a very small list of players they considered worth a final look and asked us for our opinion. The GM group then discussed who we knew and did not know. We contacted other players who have played with those we didn't know. We even created a room to get to know some of those prospects that we didn't know. After a week of research we then gave each nominee a grade based upon our research. thats as far as the GM participation went. Quark then picked its final list, WE DID NOT. So please get the information correct and eliminate the rumors.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Toussaintr wrote:LordFireFall, expressing a negative opinion on anyone is counted as a veto. If GMs were to be involved in the process I believe they should have been limited to only recognizing and speaking positively about the ones they feel positive about and not at all about another. I've also seen first hand a couple who were biased out. Not to say that I think the 2 that were deserved to be GMs lol but it should not have happened that way.

Sorry, an opinion is not a veto. Folks are free to express their opinion, just as I, as a GM, can decide to listen or not. And I'll offer you the same as I offered Rahl - look me up on Kakao and post me the screen shot with your proof.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Toussaintr
Lancer

Postby Toussaintr » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Serialkillers wrote:I am a current GM and wish to let everyone know exactly how the GM process was done. our current group of GM's HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PICKING THE NOMINEES. That was all Quark. Of the 1700 nominees Quark presented us with a very small list of players they considered worth a final look and asked us for our opinion. The GM group then discussed who we knew and did not know. We contacted other players who have played with those we didn't know. We even created a room to get to know some of those prospects that we didn't know. After a week of research we then gave each nominee a grade based upon our research. thats as far as the GM participation went. Quark then picked its final list, WE DID NOT. So please get the information correct and eliminate the rumors.

Now I know who voted against me. Hey Serial, long time since you didn't make the final cut in W176. Yes you were a crown in my alliance that literally did nothing and expected to take the win with us. Please don't tell me you took that personal and gave me a bad "grade"? Since you knew my name I'm sure you didn't need to request outside information. My opinion still stands. This is the exact reason you guys should not have been given such a duty. You can't grade others based on a bad experience especially considering you didn't do anything that world.

Meiwyn
Lancer

Postby Meiwyn » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:23 pm

I have a suggestion to make
We have seen the list of the 15 new GMs with the recommendations with them.
I am interested that you only chose to interview some if the candidates and not all. That alone suggests a lack if evenhanded ness.
However in spite of any inherent problems we see with the process in the interests of the valor community can we see the recommendations for the whole 42 or 43 (I can't count) on the list on which the GMs deliberated.
That way valorians who have played with and against many of these people have a chance to see the quality of all who made that short list.

Huntyoudown

Postby Huntyoudown » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Serialkillers wrote:I am a current GM and wish to let everyone know exactly how the GM process was done. our current group of GM's HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PICKING THE NOMINEES. That was all Quark. Of the 1700 nominees Quark presented us with a very small list of players they considered worth a final look and asked us for our opinion. The GM group then discussed who we knew and did not know. We contacted other players who have played with those we didn't know. We even created a room to get to know some of those prospects that we didn't know. After a week of research we then gave each nominee a grade based upon our research. thats as far as the GM participation went. Quark then picked its final list, WE DID NOT. So please get the information correct and eliminate the rumors.

Meiwyn wrote:I have a suggestion to make
We have seen the list of the 15 new GMs with the recommendations with them.
I am interested that you only chose to interview some if the candidates and not all. That alone suggests a lack if evenhanded ness.
However in spite of any inherent problems we see with the process in the interests of the valor community can we see the recommendations for the whole 42 or 43 (I can't count) on the list on which the GMs deliberated.
That way valorians who have played with and against many of these people have a chance to see the quality of all who made that short list.

Not everyone they interviewed was chosen.

Edit: Sorry SK, I didn't mean to quote you too ��

Meiwyn
Lancer

Postby Meiwyn » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:34 pm

LordFirefall wrote:Sorry, an opinion is not a veto. Folks are free to express their opinion, just as I, as a GM, can decide to listen or not. And I'll offer you the same as I offered Rahl - look me up on Kakao and post me the screen shot with your proof.

I tried and you do not appear as lordfirefall or are blocked

Serialkillers
Lancer

Postby Serialkillers » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Toussaintr wrote:Now I know who voted against me. Hey Serial, long time since you didn't make the final cut in W176. Yes you were a crown in my alliance that literally did nothing and expected to take the win with us. Please don't tell me you took that personal and gave me a bad "grade"? Since you knew my name I'm sure you didn't need to request outside information. My opinion still stands. This is the exact reason you guys should not have been given such a duty. You can't grade others based on a bad experience especially considering you didn't do anything that world.

Toussantr, You are correct I did absolutley nothing in W176 but before you bash me for that maybe you should get the full story about it. W176 was my first TBS world after taking a short valor break. Myself and a few friends joined that world as an experiment to learn how to play TBS. Your guild or whoevers it was asked to absorb my guild so we decided to, I did not ask to be a crown there. I never once said anything about wanting to be in the winning guild as I knew I didnt deserve it even though I was messaged many times to pick up my participation. TBH I didn't remember you at all up until now, as that world was just a learning experience for me and I didn't take it seriously at all. So no I did not vote against you.

Toussaintr
Lancer

Postby Toussaintr » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Serialkillers wrote:Toussantr, You are correct I did absolutley nothing in W176 but before you bash me for that maybe you should get the full story about it. W176 was my first TBS world after taking a short valor break. Myself and a few friends joined that world as an experiment to learn how to play TBS. Your guild or whoevers it was asked to absorb my guild so we decided to, I did not ask to be a crown there. I never once said anything about wanting to be in the winning guild as I knew I didnt deserve it even though I was messaged many times to pick up my participation. TBH I didn't remember you at all up until now, as that world was just a learning experience for me and I didn't take it seriously at all. So no I did not vote against you.

I apologize if you took my words as bashing. They are just what happened. If you were not one of the unbiased GMs "bragging" to other nominees about how they held them out then good! They put you guys in a position of power and some used that to be spiteful. As soon as any proof of that was presented the whole board should have been disbanded or the problem members thrown out.

DarkRahl
Lancer

Postby DarkRahl » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Huntyoudown wrote:I never said you guys didn't win...

Your use of back stabbing and spies helped you to get a win..

Huntyoudown. Haha Kwreak now I remember you. We were never your allies in that world so I fail to see how clever diplo that ultimately saw your guild go down, a red guild, is concidered backstabbing. But you can see it however you wish. And more so, I still have the SS of you asking to join UTD next world we played. So why would you want to if you honestly viewed it that way. Dispute what you have said here, you were still one of the greatest fighters in that world. Respect.

Return to “General”