Server update bug

Post bugs you find here. Please read the sticky at the top first!
Alladrin
Lancer

Server update bug

Postby Alladrin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:42 pm

I have 2 iPhone 4's and an iPad 2 with Valor accounts. A guild leader broke his iPod and quit, so he transferred his accoun to my phone. One of his cities had 24 scholars and another had 1. I let a guild member conquer them.

I had L28 scholarship and 12 cities. 28 - 25 scholars - 11 conquered cities = -8 scholars. But now I have 0 scholars and it won't update. I tried everything from the client side. Then I fired up a network analyzer/proxy. The values haven't updated on the server. Email me to my email associated with this account, and I can reply with specific player details and/or raw unzipped JSON. It's W34, but I suspect this update bug is on your back end. It's super annoying.

Stark Bledfast
Guardian

Postby Stark Bledfast » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:07 am

Give it some time. This happens to me periodically and always seems to correct itself within a few hours to a day. It's annoying, but can be dealt with.

Mr. O
Scholar

Postby Mr. O » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:52 pm

From what ive seen, the client doesnt always get the information correctly from the server, but the server 99.9% of the time has the correct information.
The client just hasnt polled correctly. This is a known issue and is being looked in to.

If you throw up a proxy or anything else to analysis the network traffic and the client isnt getting the correct information, then it will seem as though the problem is on the server, but its not. Its just not getting the correct information.

Clearing the cache on the client side device and restarting clears most of these problems, be it through a device / app restart or a reinstall. Proxies wont help you with this problem.
If you have tried this already without success, the support team will be able to address your problem.

Their contact details are in my sig.
For support in game, please go to:
Portal > ? (Question Mark - Upper right of the screen) > Support > Mail Icon
For support outside of the game, please go to:
http://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

Return to “Bugs”