Suggestions and Ideas

Post here any ideas or suggestions you have for improving Valor.
BattleKoala
Lancer

Suggestions and Ideas

Postby BattleKoala » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:45 am

Okay. I have been playing Valor for over 8 months, rated it 5 stars, bought some gold, got friends in on it etc etc. Basically I am a good little PlayMesh customer and love the game. However there are loads of little annoying things that could be improved to make a greater playing experience for everyone. I will list everything I can think of here and I hope you read this:

City Sidebar:
Follow suggestions from multiple previous threads
Bring back the arrows in some way shape or form, or else let us customise which form of top bar to use because for me the arrows are more important than anything else, much as I love the sidebar.

Gold:
Bring in more ways other than one tutorial and one competition a year to earn gold. Also decrease the size of the purchase gold button, everyone knows it's there and if they need gold they don't need a whole massive portion of the topbar dedicated to it.

Floating Mail:
Love it completely, however keep the old colours of the previous top bar as this new brown one is a bit ugly.

Vacation/Sitter Mode:
A mode where someone in your guild can look after your city by building it but not using troops from that city, only looking over it, building it and not letting the resources be wasted or te city be conquered while you are away for a dedignated time period.

Farm:
Bring back the number out of 23778 please because it is easier to read for me.

Refresh button: obvious enough. Online game, internet is fickle, we need a refresh button.

Okay. That is all I can think of for now in my mega list. Please take some into consideration. I will add more things as I think of them.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:48 pm

With the sidebar. I LOVED it. The search bar was great! Seeing the cities and being able to scroll through them was awesome!

The only two things I wished would be different were, obviously, the arrows. And I'd like to see all my cities at once. Not have to load them 10 at a time

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 pm

BattleKoala wrote:Okay. I have been playing Valor for over 8 months, rated it 5 stars, bought some gold, got friends in on it etc etc. Basically I am a good little PlayMesh customer and love the game. However there are loads of little annoying things that could be improved to make a greater playing experience for everyone. I will list everything I can think of here and I hope you read this:

City Sidebar:
Follow suggestions from multiple previous threads
Bring back the arrows in some way shape or form, or else let us customise which form of top bar to use because for me the arrows are more important than anything else, much as I love the sidebar.

Gold:
Bring in more ways other than one tutorial and one competition a year to earn gold. Also decrease the size of the purchase gold button, everyone knows it's there and if they need gold they don't need a whole massive portion of the topbar dedicated to it.

Floating Mail:
Love it completely, however keep the old colours of the previous top bar as this new brown one is a bit ugly.

Vacation/Sitter Mode:
A mode where someone in your guild can look after your city by building it but not using troops from that city, only looking over it, building it and not letting the resources be wasted or te city be conquered while you are away for a dedignated time period.

Farm:
Bring back the number out of 23778 please because it is easier to read for me.

Refresh button: obvious enough. Online game, internet is fickle, we need a refresh button.

Okay. That is all I can think of for now in my mega list. Please take some into consideration. I will add more things as I think of them.

All right, going through:

Sidebar: Agree.

Gold: Agree in part. I would like to see competitions make a stronger appearance. We've had to change our prioritization on rolling out competitions, but they'll certainly make a return (and be more common than in the past). As for the gold button, I feel all right about it. We don't use a lot of gimmicks in our game or force gold down people's throats. We also balance the game to prevent pay to win. All of these things have a negative impact on our income, but it's a tradeoff that I think is worthwhile.

Mail: I'm colorblind. -_-

Vacation Mode: Potentially problematic for game balance and technically. Worthwhile to investigate though (my way of saying I'll bring it up with the design & development folks).

Farm: Agree.

Refresh: We significantly increased the refresh rate to alleviate this particular concern. Willing to consider it though.

Return to “Ideas/Suggestions”